Definitions for developers starting with letter S
- schemat definition What is probabilistic) relationship that exists between different variables.”[grus] Because “modeling” can mean so many things, the term
- S curve definition What is since smartphones originally became available, how many people in the US bought their first one. The line would rise slowly at first, when
- SAS definition What is A commercial statistical software suite that includes a programming language also known as SAS
- scalar definition What is magnitude but no direction in space, as volume or temperature — n. a scalar quantity: distinguished from vector”[websters] See also vector
- scripting definition What is language where your program, or script, can be run directly with no need to first compile it to binary code as with with languages such as
- serial correlation definition What is might expect to see patterns. If the price is high on Monday, you might expect it to be high for a few more days; and if it’s low, you
- shell definition What is system from the command line, you're using its shell. Along with scripting languages such as Perl and Python, Linux-based shell tools
- spatiotemporal data definition What is Time series data that also includes geographic identifiers such as latitude-longitude pairs. See also time series data
- SPSS definition What is package, or according to the product home page, “predictive analytics software.”[spss] The product has always been popular in the social
- SQL definition What is relational databases. Variations of this extremely popular language are often available for data storage systems that aren't strictly
- standard deviation definition What is common way to indicate just how different a particular measurement is from the mean. “An observation more than three standard deviations
- standard normal distribution definition What is and a standard deviation of 1. When graphed, it’s a bell-shaped curve centered around the y axis, where x=0. See also normal distribution
- standardized score definition What is score. “Transforms a raw score into units of standard deviation above or below the mean. This translates the scores so they can be
- Stata definition What is A commercial statistical software package, not to be confused with strata. See also strata, stratified sampling
- supervised learning definition What is which a system is taught to classify input into specific, known classes. The classic example is sorting email into spam versus ham. See
- support vector machine definition What is write a function that draws a line on a two-dimensional x-y graph that separates two different kinds of points—that is, it classifies them
Help, manual and tutorial for developers
Glossary with explanation, developer answers.
Definition of Support Vector Machine, Supervised Learning, Stata, Standardized Score, Standard Normal Distribution, Standard Deviation, Sql, Spss, Spatiotemporal Data, Shell description.
What is Support Vector Machine, Supervised Learning, Stata in web development.