Definition for QA testing
Quality assurance in software. Testing & finding bugs during development. Software testers.
- What is Stability Definition The capability of the software product to avoid unexpected effects from modifications in the software. (maintainability help.
- What is Software Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (SFMEA) Definition approach to risk identification and analysis of identifying possible modes of failure and attempting to prevent their occurrence. (Failure help.
- What is Design Test Definition specifying the test conditions (coverage items) for a test item, the detailed test approach and identifying the associated high level test help.
- What is Stub Definition special-purpose implementation of a software component, used to develop or test a component that calls or is otherwise dependent on it. It help.
- DESIGN-BASED TESTING Definition testing in which test cases are designed based on the architecture and/or detailed design of a component or system (e.g. tests of help.
- COMPATIBILITY TESTING Definition of the software product to interact with one or more specified components or systems. (interoperability testing, functionality help.
- SOFTWARE USABILITY MEASUREMENT INVENTORY (SUMI) Definition A questionnaire-based usability test technique for measuring software quality from the end user's point of view help.
- CONFIGURATION AUDITING Definition The function to check on the contents of libraries of configuration items, e.g. for standards compliance help.
Glossary for Mac OS developers
Apple Mac operating system explained. Helping Mac programmers.
- Mac OS Identifier Process Definition See simple statement help.
- Mac OS Directory Definition A file-system object containing zero or more other named objects (files or other directories help.
- Mac OS Mask Image Definition A bitmap that specifies an area to paint, but not the color. An image mask acts like a stencil to specify where to place color on the page help.
- Mac OS Center Focus Definition In Xcode, code in the text editor at the lowest scope. Code focus highlights a source file’s scope levels using a grayscale help.
- CURRENT PRINTER Definition The printer displayed in the Printer pop-up menu when the user opens the Print dialog help.
- QUICK LOOK FRAMEWORK Definition that provides a plug-in architecture for custom document types. A Quick Look document type can be displayed as a preview in the Finder and help.
- TLS Definition Layer Security. A protocol that provides secure communication over a TCP/IP connection such as the Internet. It uses digital certificate s help.
- DISPLAY NAME Definition The name of a file as it appears to the user. The display name reflects the user’s preference for hiding or showing the filename extension help.
What is means in finance definitions
What it means in financial world. Business definitions for young IT guys looking for finance help.
- What is Float Free Definition An exchange rate system characterized by the absence of government intervention. Also known as clean float help.
- What is Wall Chinese Definition barrier between financiers at a firm (investment bankers) and traders. This barrier is erected to prevent the sharing of inside information help.
- What is Redemption Definition Repayment of a debt security or preferred stock issue, at or before maturity, at par or at a premium price help.
- What is Company Held Closely Definition has a small group of controling shareholders. In contrast, a widely-held firm has many shareholders. It is difficult or impossible to wage help.
- GROUP ROTATION Definition of stocks in one sector of the market to outperform and then underperform other industries, usually as a result of economic cycles or the help.
- UP TICK Definition Plus tick help.
- STRAIGHT-LINE DEPRECIATION Definition Amortizing or apportioning an equal dollar amount of depreciation in each accounting period help.
- RECAPITALIZATION PROPOSAL Definition risk arbitrage. Plan by a target company to restructure its capitalization (debt and equity) in a way to ward off a hostile or potential help.
Glossary for developers
Help for developer. Manual for web development in several programming languages.
- Manual for Variable Continuous Definition whose value can be any of an infinite number of values, typically within a particular range. For example, if you can express age or size help.
- Manual for Algebra Linear Definition mathematics dealing with vector spaces and operations on them such as addition and multiplication. “Linear algebra is designed to represent help.
- Manual for Learning Unsupervised Definition machine learning algorithms designed to identify groupings of data without knowing in advance what the groups will be. See also supervised help.
- Manual for Regression Logistic Definition similar to linear regression but where the potential results are a specific set of categories instead of being continuous. See continuous help.
- SUPPORT VECTOR MACHINE Definition Imagine that you want to write a function that draws a line on a two-dimensional x-y graph that separates two different kinds of help.
- SHELL Definition computer’s operating system from the command line, you're using its shell. Along with scripting languages such as Perl and Python help.
- GRADIENT DESCENT Definition optimization algorithm for finding the input to a function “that produces the largest (or smallest) possible value... one approach to help.
- CHI-SQUARE TEST Definition pronounced like “pie” but beginning with a “k”) is a Greek letter, and chi-square is “a statistical method used to test whether the help.