Definition for QA testing
Quality assurance in software. Testing & finding bugs during development. Software testers.
- What is Plan Test Definition describing the scope, approach, resources and schedule of intended test activities. It identifies amongst others test items, the features help.
- What is Repor Incident Definition A document reporting on any event that occurred, e.g. during the testing, which requires investigation help.
- What is Policy Test Definition A high level document describing the principles, approach and major objectives of the organization regarding testing help.
- What is Testing Value Boundary Definition A black box test design technique in which test cases are designed based on boundary values help.
- STATE TRANSITION Definition A transition between two states of a component or system help.
- DEFECT DETECTION PERCENTAGE (DDP) Definition The number of defects found by a test phase, divided by the number found by that test phase and any other means afterwards help.
- WHITE-BOX TECHNIQUE Definition Procedure to derive and/or select test cases based on an analysis of the internal structure of a component or system help.
- STATIC ANALYSIS TOOL Definition A tool that carries out static analysis. (static analyzer help.
Glossary for Mac OS developers
Apple Mac operating system explained. Helping Mac programmers.
- Mac OS Client Build Definition that performs a build operation. This is the computer that runs the Xcode or the xcodebuild instance that carries out the build command help.
- Mac OS Index Inverted Definition an index containing terms, as keys, mapped to references to the documents they appear in. The index is sorted by its keys. “Inverted” help.
- Mac OS Operation Install Definition Installation activity performed by an executable file that is invoked at a specific point during the installation process help.
- Mac OS Search Reference Api Definition A search type that looks through the available reference for a symbol name help.
- WOA Definition WebObjects application bundle. A bundle that stores all the files needed by a WebObjects application help.
- OUTPUT AUDIO QUEUE Definition See audio queue help.
- ACCESS RIGHTS Definition See permissions help.
- GLYPH INDEX Definition glyph in a line of display text. The leftmost glyph in a line of text has a glyph index of 0; each succeeding glyph to the right has an help.
Computer software usage
- What is Simple Authentication Secure Layer Definition SASL Simple Authentication Secure Layer. SASL provides authentication support to connection-based protocols.SASL is defined in RFC 2222 help.
- What is 4X Quadruple Definition Abbreviation for Quadruple, meaning 4 or 4 times times. For example a server with Quad processors has four processors (or 4 times the help.
- What is Exchange Branch Private Definition PBX Private Branch Exchange help.
- What is Definition Source Open Definition OSD Open Source Definition. Relevant links: www.opensource.org/docs/definition.php help.
- DIGITAL LIGHT PROCESSING Definition DLP Digital Light Processing. A projection technology using micro-mirror devices to reflect light as a means of projection help.
- 8 BIT UNSIGNED INTEGER Definition unsigned integer. Also referred to as a byte and sometimes (inaccurately) as a character (because one byte can hold a single 7 or 8 bit help.
- DIGITAL PRINT ORDER FORMAT Definition Print Order Format. Dots Per Inch. DPOF allows printing information (such as print quality and print size) to be associated with an image help.
- MEGA-BITS PER SECOND Definition per second. Strictly 1mbps = 128KB per second, but when measuring network/modem throughput a figure of 1mbps = 100 KB per second is help.
What is means in finance definitions
What it means in financial world. Business definitions for young IT guys looking for finance help.
- What is Risk Country Definition General level of political, financial, and economic uncertainty in a country affect which the value of loans or investments in that country help.
- What is Cost Acquisition Lease Definition The legal fees and other expenses incurred when acquiring a lease help.
- What is Market Funds Federal Definition which banks can borrow or lend reserves, allowing banks temporarily short of their required reserves to borrow reserves from banks that help.
- What is Ftse Footsie Definition Financial Times (F-T)-Actuaries 100 index: Dow average of London help.
- SPLIT PRINT Definition Block trade printed at two different prices. Often used in dividend rolls to get an average price equal to the dividend help.
- PENSION PLAN Definition A fund that is established for the payment of retirement benefits help.
- EQUALIZING DIVIDEND Definition Special dividends received by investors of a firm for income the investor lost because the firm altered the dividends payment schedule help.
- VALUE DATING Definition When value or credit is given for funds transferred between banks help.
Glossary for developers
Help for developer. Manual for web development in several programming languages.
- Manual for Distribution Normal Definition distribution. (Carl Friedrich Gauss was an early nineteenth-century German mathematician.) A probability distribution which, when graphed help.
- Manual for Logarithm Definition then log(y) = x. Working with the log of one or more of a model's variables, instead of their original values, can make it easier to help.
- Manual for Error Absolute Mean Definition average error of all predicted values when compared with observed values. See also Mean Squared Error, Root Mean Squared Error help.
- Manual for Variable Dependent Definition dependent value “depends” on the value of the independent variable. If you're measuring the effect of different sizes of an help.
- SQL Definition standard query language for relational databases. Variations of this extremely popular language are often available for data storage help.
- REINFORCEMENT LEARNING Definition machine learning algorithms in which the process is not given specific goals to meet but, as it makes decisions, is instead given help.
- DIMENSION REDUCTION Definition dimensionality reduction. “We can use a technique called principal component analysis to extract one or more dimensions that capture as help.
- OVERFITTING Definition training data that, by taking too many of the data's quirks and outliers into account, is overly complicated and will not be as useful help.