Explain CHI-SQUARE TEST: Chi (pronounced like “pie” but beginning with a “k”) is a Greek letter, and chi-square is “a statistical method used to test whether the classification of data can be ascribed to chance or to some underlying law.”[websters] The chi-square test “is an analysis technique used to estimate whether two variables in a cross tabulation are correlated.”[shin] A chi-square distribution varies from normal distribution based on the “degrees of freedom” used to calculate it. See also normal distribution and Wikipedia on the chi-squared test and on chi-squared distribution..
Different definitions in web development like chi-square test in Dictionary C.
- Manual Covariance:
- Meaning relationship between two variables whose values are observed at the same time; specifically, the average value of the two variables diminished by the product of their average values.”[websters chi-square test definition.
- Manual Correlation:
- Meaning relative correspondence, as between two sets of data.”[websters] If sales go up when the advertising budget goes up, they correlate. The correlation coefficient is a measure of how closely the two chi-square test explain.
- Manual Coefficient:
- Meaning algebraic symbol prefixed as a multiplier to a variable or unknown quantity (Ex.: x in x(y + z), 6 in 6ab”[websters] When graphing an equation such as y = 3x + 4, the coefficient of x determines the chi-square test what is.
- Manual Clustering:
- Meaning algorithm for dividing up data instances into groups—not a predetermined set of groups, which would make this classification, but groups identified by the execution of the algorithm because of chi-square test meaning.
- Manual Cross-Validation:
- Meaning with an algorithm, “the name given to a set of techniques that divide up data into training sets and test sets. The training set is given to the algorithm, along with the correct answers... and chi-square test abbreviation.