Explain POISSON DISTRIBUTION: A distribution of independent events, usually over a period of time or space, used to help predict the probability of an event. Like the binomial distribution, this is a discrete distribution. Named for early 19th century French mathematician Siméon Denis Poisson. See also spatiotemporal data, discrete variable, binomial distribution.
Different definitions in web development like Poisson distribution in Dictionary P.
- Manual Python:
- Meaning language available since 1994 that is popular with people doing data science. Python is noted for ease of use among beginners and great power when used by advanced users, especially when taking poisson distribution.
- Manual Predictive Modeling:
- Meaning The development of statistical models to predict future events. See also predictive analytics, model poisson distribution.
- Manual Principal Component Analysis:
- Meaning simply looks at the direction with the most variance and then determines that as the first principal component. This is very similar to how regression works in that it determines the best direction poisson distribution.
- Manual Posterior Distribution:
- Meaning See prior distribution poisson distribution.
- Manual Perceptron:
- Meaning simplest neural network is the perceptron, which approximates a single neuron with n binary inputs. It computes a weighted sum of its inputs and ‘fires’ if that weighted sum is zero or greater poisson distribution.