Definitions for developers starting with letter P
- P value definition What is the assumption of no effect or no difference (the null hypothesis), of obtaining a result equal to or more extreme than what was actually
- PageRank definition What is importance of something, typically to rank it in a list of search results. “PageRank works by counting the number and quality of links to a
- Pandas definition What is A Python library for data manipulation popular with data scientists. See also Python
- perceptron definition What is network is the perceptron, which approximates a single neuron with n binary inputs. It computes a weighted sum of its inputs and ‘fires’ if
- Perl definition What is in pre-Linux UNIX systems. Perl has always been popular for text processing, especially data cleanup and enhancement tasks. See also
- pivot table definition What is lists of data, without requiring you to write a single formula or copy a single cell. But the most notable feature of pivot tables is that
- Poisson distribution definition What is usually over a period of time or space, used to help predict the probability of an event. Like the binomial distribution, this is a
- posterior distribution definition What is See prior distribution
- predictive analytics definition What is events, typically to aid in business planning. This incorporates predictive modeling and other techniques. Machine learning might be
- predictive modeling definition What is The development of statistical models to predict future events. See also predictive analytics, model
- principal component analysis definition What is direction with the most variance and then determines that as the first principal component. This is very similar to how regression works in
- prior distribution definition What is the unknown quantity to be estimated has many plausible values modeled by what's called a prior distribution. Bayesian inference is
- probability distribution definition What is discrete random variable is a listing of all possible distinct outcomes and their probabilities of occurring. Because all possible outcomes
- Python definition What is 1994 that is popular with people doing data science. Python is noted for ease of use among beginners and great power when used by advanced
Help, manual and tutorial for developers
Glossary with explanation, developer answers.
Definition of Python, Probability Distribution, Prior Distribution, Principal Component Analysis, Predictive Modeling, Predictive Analytics, Posterior Distribution, Poisson description.
What is Python, Probability Distribution, Prior Distribution in web development.