Meaning BID PRICE: This is the quoted bid, or the highest price an investor is willing to pay to buy a security. Practically speaking, this is the available price at which an investor can sell shares of stock. Related: Ask, offer
More terms such as Bid price in Dictionary B.
- Definition Blue-Sky Laws:
- Examples State laws covering the issue and trading of securities bid price.
- Definition Blind Pool:
- Examples A limited partnership that does not announce its intentions as to what properties will be acquired bid price.
- Definition Bear Hug:
- Examples arbitrage. Hostile takeover attempt in which the acquirer offers an exceptionally large premium over the market value of the acquiree's share so as to as to squeeze (hug) the target into bid price.
- Definition Break-Even Tax Rate:
- Examples The tax rate at which a party to a prospective transaction is indifferent between entering into and not entering into the transaction bid price.
- Definition Bailing Out:
- Examples securities, refers to selling a security or commodity quickly, regardless of the price. May occur when an investor no longer wants to sustain further losses on a stock.Also refers to relieving an bid price.