Meaning CONSTANT DOLLARS: Dollars of a base year used as a general measure of purchasing power
More terms such as Constant dollars in Dictionary C.
- Definition Capitalized:
- Examples Recorded in asset accounts and then depreciated or amortized, as is appropriate for expenditures for items with useful lives longer than one year constant dollars.
- Definition Convergence:
- Examples price of a futures contract toward the price of the underlying cash commodity. At the start, the contract price is higher because of time value. But as the contract nears expiration, and time value constant dollars.
- Definition "Cannot Compete":
- Examples In the context of general equities, cannot accommodate customers at that price level (i.e., compete with other market makers), often because there is no natural opposite side of the trade constant dollars.
- Definition Capital Budgeting:
- Examples The process of choosing the firm's long-term capital assets constant dollars.
- Definition CFAT:
- Examples Cash flow after taxes constant dollars.