Meaning DERIVATIVE SECURITY: A financial security such as an option or future whose value is derived in part from the value and characteristics of another security, the underlying asset
More terms such as Derivative security in Dictionary D.
- Definition Delisting:
- Examples Removal of a company's security from listing on an exchange because the firm has not abided by specific regulations derivative security.
- Definition Deficiency Letter:
- Examples Notification from the SEC to a prospective issuer of securities that revisions or additions need to be made to the preliminary prospectus derivative security.
- Definition Debtholder:
- Examples See: Bondholder derivative security.
- Definition Divergence:
- Examples When two or more averages or indexes fail to show confirming trends derivative security.
- Definition Downgrade:
- Examples A negative change in ratings for a stock, or other rated security derivative security.