Meaning EXPERIENCE RATING: A technique insurance companies use to determine the correct price of a policy premium
More terms such as Experience rating in Dictionary E.
- Definition Excess Reserves:
- Examples Actual reserves that exceed required reserves experience rating.
- Definition Excess Kurtosis:
- Examples the fatness of the tails of a distribution. Excess kurtosis means that distribution has fatter tails than a normal distribution. Fat tails means there is a higher than normal probability of big experience rating.
- Definition Edge Corporations:
- Examples institutions, authorized and chartered by the Federal Reserve Board of Goverors in the U.S., that are allowed to engage in transactions of a foreign or international character. They are not subject experience rating.
- Definition Earnings Before Interest After Taxes (EBIAT):
- Examples defined as revenues less cost of goods sold and selling, general, and administrative expenses. In other words, operating and nonoperating profit before the deduction of interest plus cash income experience rating.
- Definition Emerging Markets Free Index (EMF):
- Examples Capital International index created to track stock markets in selected emerging markets that are open to foreign investment like Argentina, Chile, Jordan, Malaysia, Mexico, Philippines, and Thailand experience rating.