Meaning EXPIRATION CYCLE: Dates on which options on a particular security expire. A given option will be placed in one of three cycles; the January cycle, the February cycle, or the March cycle. At any time, an option has contracts with four expiration dates outstanding: two in near-term months and two in far-term months. Last day on which an option may be exercised
More terms such as Expiration cycle in Dictionary E.
- Definition Each Way:
- Examples A broker's commission from his or her involvement on both the purchase and the sale side of a security expiration cycle.
- Definition Exact Matching:
- Examples A bond portfolio management strategy that involves finding the lowest cost portfolio generating cash inflows exactly equal to cash outflows that are being financed by investment expiration cycle.
- Definition European Union (EU):
- Examples association of European countries founded by the Treaty of Rome in 1957 as a common market for six nations. It was known as the European Community until January 1, 1994 and currently comprises 15 expiration cycle.
- Definition Eurocurrency:
- Examples outside your country, but denominated in your currency. A Eurodollar is a Certificate of Deposit in U.S. dollars in some other country (though mainly traded in London). A Euroyen is a CD in yen expiration cycle.
- Definition Earning Power:
- Examples Earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) divided by total assets expiration cycle.