Meaning HIBOR: Hong Kong Interbank Offer Rate, the annualized offer rate banks pay to attain Hong Kong three-month deposits in denominated dollars
More terms such as HIBOR in Dictionary H.
- Definition Hands-Off Investor:
- Examples An investor who has a large stake in a company, but does not wish to play an active role in the management of the corporation hibor.
- Definition Hang Seng Index:
- Examples The major index in Hong Kong hibor.
- Definition Horizontal Spread:
- Examples The simultaneous purchase and sale of two options that differ only in their exercise dates hibor.
- Definition Hidden Load:
- Examples A sales charge that is not explicitly disclosed or is buried in the fine print of a mutual fund prospectus or life insurance policy and therefore is not immediately apparent hibor.
- Definition Hedge Fund:
- Examples A fund that may employ a variety of techniques to enhance returns, such as both buying and shorting stocks according to a valuation model hibor.