Meaning HIT THE BID: A dealer who agrees to sell at the bid price quoted by another dealer is said to "hit" that bid. Antithesis of take the offer
More terms such as Hit the bid in Dictionary H.
- Definition Highly Leveraged Transaction (HLT):
- Examples Bank loan to a highly leveraged firm hit the bid.
- Definition Hedging Demands:
- Examples Demands for securities to hedge particular sources of consumption risk, beyond the usual mean-variance diversification motivation hit the bid.
- Definition Housing Bond:
- Examples Bonds issued by a local housing authority to finance housing projects hit the bid.
- Definition Horizontal Acquisition:
- Examples Merger between two companies producing similar goods or services hit the bid.
- Definition Hung Up:
- Examples Used to describe the position of an investor whose stocks or bonds have dropped in value below their original purchase price hit the bid.