Meaning HOLDING COMPANY: A corporation that owns enough voting stock in another firm to control management and operations by influencing or electing its board of directors
More terms such as Holding company in Dictionary H.
- Definition Highly Confident Letter:
- Examples An investment banking firm's letter indicating that the firm is highly confident it will be able to arrange financing for a securities deal holding company.
- Definition Hedge:
- Examples A transaction that reduces the risk of an investment holding company.
- Definition Highs:
- Examples Stocks that have hit an all-time high for the current 52-week time period holding company.
- Definition Hulbert Rating:
- Examples A rating by Hulbert Financial Digest, a service of CBS MarketWatch, of how well the recommendations of various investment advisory newsletters have performed holding company.
- Definition High-Premium Convertible Debenture:
- Examples term, high-premium, common stock conversion feature. It also offers a competitive interest rate. This type of investment vehicle is aimed at bond investors who want to be able to convert into stock holding company.