Meaning HOT MONEY: Money that moves across country borders in response to interest rate differences and that moves away when the interest rate differential disappears
More terms such as Hot money in Dictionary H.
- Definition House:
- Examples Firms that conduct business as broker-dealers in securities or in the investment banking field are charaterized as houses hot money.
- Definition Hedge Wrapper:
- Examples in which an investor with a long position in an underlying stock buys an out-of-the-money put and sells an out-of-the-money call. The hedge wrapper defines a range where the stock will be sold at hot money.
- Definition House Poor:
- Examples People who are short on cash because most of their money is tied up in their homes are house poor hot money.
- Definition Host Security:
- Examples The security to which a warrant is attached hot money.
- Definition Harvey, Campbell R:
- Examples Author of this glossary. Finance professor at Duke University. Author of research on international finance, asset allocation, and emerging markets hot money.