Meaning SYNDICATE: A group of banks that acts jointly, on a temporary basis, to loan money in a bank credit (syndicated credit) or to underwrite a new issue of bonds
More terms such as Syndicate in Dictionary S.
- Definition Snowballing:
- Examples of general equities. Process by which the exercise of stop orders in a declining or advancing market causes further downward or upward pressure on prices, thus triggering more stop orders and more syndicate.
- Definition Swiss Options And Financial Futures Exchange (SOFFEX):
- Examples The Swiss derivatives market with the first fully electronic trading system in the world, now called Eurex Zurich AG syndicate.
- Definition Settlement Date:
- Examples payment is made to settle a trade. For stocks traded on U.S. exchanges, settlement is currently three business days after the trade. For mutual funds, settlement usually occurs in the U.S. the day syndicate.
- Definition Shared Appreciation Mortgage (SAM):
- Examples A mortgage with a low rate of interest, offset by giving the lender some portion of the appreciation in the value of the underlying property syndicate.
- Definition Simple Prospect:
- Examples An investment opportunity in which only two outcomes are possible syndicate.