Meaning ZERO-BASE BUDGETING (ZBB): Budgeting method that disregards the previous year's budget in setting a new budget, since circumstances may have changed. Each and every expense must be justified in this system
More terms such as Zero-base budgeting (ZBB) in Dictionary Z.
- Definition Zero-Balance Account (ZBA):
- Examples A checking account in which zero balance is maintained by transfers of funds from a master account in an amount only large enough to cover checks presented zero-base budgeting (zbb).
- Definition Zero-Beta Portfolio:
- Examples A portfolio constructed to have zero systematic risk, similar to the risk-free asset, that is, having a beta of zero zero-base budgeting (zbb).
- Definition Zero Prepayment Assumption:
- Examples The assumption of payment of scheduled principal and interest with no payments zero-base budgeting (zbb).
- Definition Zero-One Integer Programming:
- Examples An analytical method that can be used to determine the solution to a capital rationing problem zero-base budgeting (zbb).
- Definition Zero-Coupon Bond:
- Examples A bond in which no periodic coupon is paid over the life of the contract. Instead, both the principal and the interest are paid at the maturity date zero-base budgeting (zbb).