Meaning ZERO-BASE BUDGETING (ZBB): Budgeting method that disregards the previous year's budget in setting a new budget, since circumstances may have changed. Each and every expense must be justified in this system
More terms such as Zero-base budgeting (ZBB) in Dictionary Z.
- Definition Zombies:
- Examples Companies that continue operation while they await merger or closure, even though they are insolvent and bankrupt zero-base budgeting (zbb).
- Definition Zero-Beta Portfolio:
- Examples A portfolio constructed to have zero systematic risk, similar to the risk-free asset, that is, having a beta of zero zero-base budgeting (zbb).
- Definition Zero-Sum Game:
- Examples A type of game wherein one player can gain only at the expense of another player zero-base budgeting (zbb).
- Definition Zero-Balance Account (ZBA):
- Examples A checking account in which zero balance is maintained by transfers of funds from a master account in an amount only large enough to cover checks presented zero-base budgeting (zbb).
- Definition Zero-Investment Portfolio:
- Examples A portfolio of zero net value established by buying and shorting component securities, usually in the context of an arbitrage strategy zero-base budgeting (zbb).