Meaning ZERO-INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO: A portfolio of zero net value established by buying and shorting component securities, usually in the context of an arbitrage strategy
More terms such as Zero-investment portfolio in Dictionary Z.
- Definition Zero-Beta Portfolio:
- Examples A portfolio constructed to have zero systematic risk, similar to the risk-free asset, that is, having a beta of zero zero-investment portfolio.
- Definition Zero-Sum Game:
- Examples A type of game wherein one player can gain only at the expense of another player zero-investment portfolio.
- Definition Zero-Coupon Convertible Security:
- Examples convertible into the common stock of the issuing company after the stock reaches a certain price, using a put option inherent in the security.Also refers to zero-coupon bonds, which are convertible zero-investment portfolio.
- Definition Zero-One Integer Programming:
- Examples An analytical method that can be used to determine the solution to a capital rationing problem zero-investment portfolio.
- Definition Zero-Base Budgeting (ZBB):
- Examples Budgeting method that disregards the previous year's budget in setting a new budget, since circumstances may have changed. Each and every expense must be justified in this system zero-investment portfolio.