Explanation SGID: Saved group ID. The GID used by BSD to enable a privileged process to switch in and out of privileged mode
More definitions for Mac OS users such as SGID in Dictionary S.
- Help Scheme-Definition Dictionary:
- Usage A dictionary, specified in an application’s bundle information property list , that declares a particular URL type that the application claims to handle. Compare type-definition dictionary sgid.
- Help Shading Language:
- Usage A high-level language, accessible in C, used to produce advanced imaging effects. The Apple implementation of OpenGL supports ARB_shading_language_100 sgid.
- Help Speech Pitch:
- Usage a voice, from which the actual pitches of the speech can vary with rising and falling tunes. Pitch is a combination of the average speaking frequency and its variations around that average sgid.
- Help Script Command Object:
- Usage encapsulates all the information needed to perform an AppleScript command. Cocoa scripting creates script command objects in response to Apple events received by the application. A script command sgid.
- Help Simple Value:
- Usage A value, such as an integer or a constant, that does not contain other values sgid.