What means PARETO ANALYSIS: A statistical technique in decision making that is used for selection of a limited number of factors that produce significant overall effect. In terms of quality improvement, a large majority of problems (80%) are produced by a few key causes (20%)
Definitions in QA testing such as Pareto analysis in Dictionary P.
- Definition Path Testing:
- Usage A white box test design technique in which test cases are designed to execute paths pareto analysis.
- Definition Performance Indicator:
- Usage A high level metric of effectiveness and/or efficiency used to guide and control progressive development, e.g. lead-time slip for software development. (CMMI pareto analysis.
- Definition Pair Testing:
- Usage Two persons, e.g. two testers, a developer and a tester, or an end-user and a tester, working together to find defects. Typically, they share one computer and trade control of it while testing pareto analysis.
- Definition Pair Programming:
- Usage development approach whereby lines of code (production and/or test) of a component are written by two programmers sitting at a single computer. This implicitly means ongoing real-time code reviews pareto analysis.
- Definition Pretest:
- Usage of a smoke test to decide if the component or system is ready for detailed and further testing. An intake test is typically carried out at the start of the test execution phase. (intake test pareto analysis.