What means TEST PLAN: A document describing the scope, approach, resources and schedule of intended test activities. It identifies amongst others test items, the features to be tested, the testing tasks, who will do each task, degree of tester independence, the test environment, the test design techniques and entry and exit criteria to be used, and the rationale for their choice, and any risks requiring contingency planning. It is a record of the test planning process
Definitions in QA testing such as test plan in Dictionary T.
- Definition Traceability:
- Usage The ability to identify related items in documentation and software, such as requirements with associated tests. (horizontal traceability, vertical traceability test plan.
- Definition Test Maturity Schemat (TMM):
- Usage A five level staged framework for test process improvement, related to the Capability Maturity Model (CMM), that describes the key elements of an effective test process test plan.
- Definition Test Driver:
- Usage A software component or test tool that replaces a component that takes care of the control and/or the calling of a component or system. (driver test plan.
- Definition Test Target:
- Usage A set of exit criteria test plan.
- Definition Test Execution Automation:
- Usage e.g. capture/playback tools, to control the execution of tests, the comparison of actual results to expected results, the setting up of test preconditions, and other test control and reporting test plan.