Explain DATA SCIENCE: “The ability to extract knowledge and insights from large and complex data sets.”[patil] Data science work often requires knowledge of both statistics and software engineering. See also data engineer, machine learning.
Different definitions in web development like data science in Dictionary D.
- Manual Decision Trees:
- Meaning uses a tree structure to represent a number of possible decision paths and an outcome for each path. If you have ever played the game Twenty Questions, then it turns out you are familiar with data science.
- Manual Dimension Reduction:
- Meaning dimensionality reduction. “We can use a technique called principal component analysis to extract one or more dimensions that capture as much of the variation in the data as possible... Dimensionality data science.
- Manual Data Mining:
- Meaning of computers to analyze large data sets to look for patterns that let people make business decisions. While this sounds like much of what data science is about, popular use of the term is much older data science.
- Manual Dependent Variable:
- Meaning dependent value “depends” on the value of the independent variable. If you're measuring the effect of different sizes of an advertising budget on total sales, then the advertising budget figure data science.
- Manual Data Engineer:
- Meaning data wrangling. “Data engineers are the ones that take the messy data... and build the infrastructure for real, tangible analysis. They run ETL software, marry data sets, enrich and clean all that data science.