Meaning INVESTMENT OBJECTIVE: The financial objective of an investor. Whether the investor requires income or capital appreciation, for example. The investor's objective governs the investment strategy
More terms such as Investment objective in Dictionary I.
- Definition In Touch With:
- Examples Used in the context of general equities. Having a sell inquiry in a stock (not a firm customer sell order), often entailing a capital commitment. Antithesis of looking for investment objective.
- Definition International Monetary Market (IMM):
- Examples A division of the CME established in 1972 for trading financial futures. Related: Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME investment objective.
- Definition Intramarket Sector Spread:
- Examples two issues of the same maturity within a market sector. For instance, the difference in interest rates offered for five-year industrial corporate bonds and five-year utility corporate bonds investment objective.
- Definition Income Limited Partnership:
- Examples A limited partnership whose main goal is income generation, e.g., real estate, oil equipment investment objective.
- Definition Interest:
- Examples borrowing money. It is expressed as a percentage rate over a period of time and reflects the rate of exchange of present consumption for future consumption. Also, a share or title in property investment objective.