Explanation LPCM: Linear pulse code modulation. A linear and lossless uncompressed audio data format. PCM is usually assumed to mean linear PCM, but sometimes the adjective linear is used to differentiate from nonlinear PCM formats. See also PCM
More definitions for Mac OS users such as LPCM in Dictionary L.
- Help Limiter:
- Usage In audio, circuitry or software that limits signal amplitude to a user-defined maximum. Compare level compression lpcm.
- Help Loop Variable:
- Usage In AppleScript, a variable whose value controls the number of times the statements in a repeat statement are executed lpcm.
- Help Layer-Backed View:
- Usage NSView object that uses a Core Animation layer to cache its drawing content. The view is responsible for managing the layer tree; the developer should not manipulate the layer tree directly lpcm.
- Help Layer Context:
- Usage An offscreen drawing destination (CGLayerRef) designed for optimal performance. Introduced in OS X v10.4, a layer context is a much better choice for offscreen drawing than a bitmap graphics context lpcm.
- Help Local Variable:
- Usage In AppleScript, a variable that is available only in the handler in which it is defined. Variables that are defined within handlers are local unless they are explicitly declared as global variables lpcm.