What means EQUIVALENCE PARTITION: A portion of an input or output domain for which the behavior of a component or system is assumed to be the same, based on the specification
Definitions in QA testing such as equivalence partition in Dictionary E.
- Definition Establishing (IDEAL):
- Usage the IDEAL model where the specifics of how an organization will reach its destination are planned. The establishing phase consists of the activities: set priorities, develop approach and plan actions equivalence partition.
- Definition Error Seeding:
- Usage intentionally adding known defects to those already in the component or system for the purpose of monitoring the rate of detection and removal, and estimating the number of remaining defects. (fault equivalence partition.
- Definition Emulator:
- Usage A device, computer program, or system that accepts the same inputs and produces the same outputs as a given system equivalence partition.
- Definition Evaluation:
- Usage consisting of all lifecycle activities, both static and dynamic, concerned with planning, preparation and evaluation of software products and related work products to determine that they satisfy equivalence partition.
- Definition Expected Outcome:
- Usage The behavior predicted by the specification, or another source, of the component or system under specified conditions. (expected result equivalence partition.