What means OUTCOME: The consequence/outcome of the execution of a test. It includes outputs to screens, changes to data, reports, and communication messages sent out. (actual result, expected result)
Definitions in QA testing such as outcome in Dictionary O.
- Definition Operational Acceptance Testing:
- Usage in the acceptance test phase, typically performed in a (simulated) operational environment by operations and/or systems administration staff focusing on operational aspects, e.g. recoverability outcome.
- Definition Operational Profile Testing:
- Usage Statistical testing using a model of system operations (short duration tasks) and their probability of typical use outcome.
- Definition Orthogonal Array Testing:
- Usage testing all-pair combination's of variables using orthogonal arrays. It significantly reduces the number of all combination's of variables to test all pair combination's. (pairwise outcome.
- Definition Output:
- Usage A variable (whether stored within a component or outside) that is written by a component outcome.
- Definition Output Domain:
- Usage The set from which valid output values can be selected. (domain outcome.